Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!!!
Everyone has their favorite dish on Thanksgiving & mine is sweet potato casserole. Today I am using Celebrating Sweets’ photos in my blog to present this dish. I am making this tasty casserole for the third time this year.
This is a very simple but tasty dish. I made this for the first time two years ago for my family and they loved it. I never cared for sweet potato but it has grown on me the past few years. It has all of my favorite combinations in one. I love that the sweet potato has it’s natural sweetness. The Streusel is the cherry on top for me. I learned this dish by looking at multiple recipes and just putting my own recipe together. I came across Celebrating Sweets’ website on Pinterest and I saw the streusel and I definitely wanted to try it.
Thanksgiving is one of the only times you can get away with eating a lot; my favorite time of the year. A tradition I have been doing for many years is I eat until I cant anymore then go black Friday shopping to walk off all of the food I ate. Sounds like a good idea right?
I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine do. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
Time 20 minutes
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
3 pounds of sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1/4 cup of milk*, evaporated milk, or half & half
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon* or pumpkin pie spice
2 tablespoons of brown sugar lite or regular*.
Add salt to your preference
4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of chopped pecans
2-3 cups of marshmallows (I love extra)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare a casserole dish and spray with pam baking butter or olive oil.
2. Place sweet potato in a pot to boil and cover for 7 minutes or until tender. Drain sweet potatoes once they are done and return them to the pot.
3. Add remaining ingredients for the mash to the pot and stir with a mixer or whatever works for you.
4. Transfer the mashed potatoes to the casserole dish and spread evenly then transfer to the oven until heated throughly.
5. While that is cooking add topping ingredients to a bowl and stir until throughly combined.
6. Remove casserole from the oven and top with marshmallows then sprinkle streusel on top.
7. Place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes until marshmallows are golden brown.
*what ingredient I used
What a great turn out.
XOXO, Mary Alexius