Wow, I feel like yesterday we were saying Happy New Year and now we are moving onto Valentine’s Day. Next thing you know It will be spring. I am just ready for daylight savings but I can’t get ahead of myself, lol. Valentine’s Day is a holiday you either hate or love. Singles are the grinch of this holiday (I am guilty) then you have the couples that go on dates and the boyfriend showers their girlfriend with red roses. Single ladies, get your girls together and have a Galentines. Those are always so much fun. On the blog today I want to share my favorite look and a few ideas to do for Valentine’s Day.
Here are a few Valentine’s Day ideas for my Dallas babes
- The Alamo Draft House is screening My Bloody Valentine at 9pm on the 14th. [LINK]
- What is better than spending your Valentine’s Day at the beautiful Dallas Arboretum? The garden will be open until 7pm. Grab your baskets and have a romantic picnic viewing White Rock Lake.
- Top Golf is one of my favorite places to get drinks, relax, and look like a goof ball hitting golf balls. Great for kicks and giggles, lol.
- You can never go wrong with a Brazilian Steak House unless you’re vegan. I love me some steak.
- I am a little salty that Ash Wednesday lands on Valentine’s Day because I was looking forward to a huge steak… So, sushi it is. Uchi never disappoints. I could eat sushi everyday.
- Plan a romantic night in. Maybe you go out to eat a lot and you want to stay home and cook a nice meal? I mean I don’t blame you. I eat out almost everyday, lol.
- Love is in the air. The Reunion Tower is offering a package for this romantic day. Get your tickets here.
I had so much fun picking this outfit out. Metallic shoes are definitely the new thing. They’re just fun putting them into an outfit.
Top – Madewell // Bottoms – Top Shop // Coat – Top Shop // Shoes – Vince Camuto // Clutch – Evelyn K Large // Earrings – Baublebar
Talk to y’all soon!
XOXO, Mary Alexius
Shop The Post
Hey you guys! Wow, I cannot believe Christmas is less than a week away!!! I am not even done with my Christmas shopping, haha oops. It has been a crazy yet fun month now that I am out of school I get to focus on the holidays, which I am beyond excited about. Who else is ready to watch Christmas movies and pig out? I am probably going to eat tamales for a week but I am not complaining, haha. What is really blowing my mind is that the year is about to be over… like where did the time go?
Top: TopShop – Candy Cane Sweater // Pants: Wayf – Gail Ruffle Hem Crop Pants // Shoes: Stuart Weitzman – Nearly Nude
So, I rounded up a few great holiday gift ideas and some of these are actually on my list. I really need a new everyday tote, ahhh and it is reversible! HINT HINT! 😉
I hope I made your last-minute holiday shopping easier.
Hope y’all have a Merry Christmas!
XOXO, Mary Alexius
Happy EARLY Valentine’s day, babes! This is one of my favorite holidays because I love dark chocolate and it is also my mom’s birthday. I literally think of it as Christmas part two, except with big teddy bears, hearts, and Hershey Kisses everywhere. Whether you are gifting to a boyfriend, husband or your best friend these all make fabulous gifts.
So if you are like me I am sure you have procrastinated to get your valentine’s day gifts for your loved ones. I found a few steals that will make the perfect gifts and they are between $25-$150.
1. ‘Moscow Mule’ Copper Mug // 2. ‘Cuddle Up’ Faux Fur Heart Accent Pillow // 3. Kiehls ‘Jeremyville – Age Defender’ Collection // 4. MantraBand // 5. Natural Life ‘Happy/Love’ Ceramic Mugs // 6. Jack Black All over Wash // 7. American Atelier Glitter Jewelry Box // 8. S’well Bottle // 9. Bose Sound Link Bluetooth
I hope one of these gift ideas helped! For all of my Dallas dolls, you can find all of these items at Nordstrom – Galleria Dallas. For any questions about an item, you can contact me via text at (214) 935-2894 and also shop the item through ‘Text to Buy’ if you want to treat yourself. I hope everyone has a sweet Valentine’s Day!!!
xoxo, Mary Alexius
Wow, the holidays are creeping up on us fast. In case you needed ideas I picked out a few of my favorites for my blog today that I thought would make great holiday gifts. These gifts are great for family members, friends, and even your partner. All of these items are under $100 so, you don’t have to break the bank. I know we all catch ourselves procrastinating when it comes to Christmas gift shopping or we try avoiding it because it is so crowded at the mall. Well, you can get these items shipped to your house for free.
Last year I got my dad ‘The Art of Shaving Kit’ for Christmas and they absolutely loved it. Every time Justin shaved his skin was so soft. So, ladies that is a must for your man or a family member. Another favorite is the S’well bottles. I own one and I use it every day for work. It keeps my water cold and refreshing for an exhausting work day. On my Christmas list this year I have Loren Hope’s ‘Marley’ Crystal Cuff; it is so beautiful. Loren Hope is a hand-made jewelry brand from East Greenwich, Rhode Island.
It is time to start checking people off your list. Did you see anything you’d like to give as a holiday gift? Text “Gift Guide” to (214) 935-2894.
xoxo, Mary Alexius